Update 135 of the Local Court Bench Book amends the following sections:
[46-000] Extradition has been revised and updated. The amendments relate to the following areas:
- powers of the court in interstate extradition matters at [46-020], including a reference to the judgment of Visser v Commissioner of Australian Federal Police (No 3)  NSWSC 1387
- release of persons unnecessarily detained at [46-080], particularly in relation to the areas on relief from extradition and suppression orders
- overseas extradition at [46-100], particularly in relation to remand under s 15 of the Extradition Act 1988 (Cth)
- consent to surrender at [46-140]
- extradition to New Zealand at [46-160], particularly in relation to search warrants.
[52-000] Review and Appeals has been revised and updated. The amendments relate to the following areas:
- Local Court review of Local Court decisions at [52-020],
- appeals to the Supreme Court and the District Court at [52-040] and [52-060] respectively by including a reference to s 63(2A) of the Crimes (Appeal and Review) Act 2001.
The Index, Table of Statutes and Table of Cases have been updated.