Welcome to the Judicial Commission of New South Wales
The Judicial Commission, an independent statutory corporation, is part of the judicial arm of government. It was established by the
The Commission's principal functions are to:
- assist the courts to achieve consistency in sentencing
- organise and supervise an appropriate scheme of continuing education and training of judicial officers
- examine complaints against judicial officers.
The Commission may also:
- give advice to the Attorney General on such matters as the Commission thinks appropriate; and
- liaise with persons and organisations in connection with the performance of any of its functions.