The Judicial Commission, an independent statutory corporation, is part of the judicial arm of government. It was established by the
The Commission’s principal functions are to:
- assist the courts to achieve consistency in sentencing
- organise and supervise an appropriate scheme of continuing education and training of judicial officers
- examine complaints against judicial officers.
The Commission may also:
- give advice to the Attorney General on such matters as the Commission thinks appropriate; and
- liaise with persons and organisations in connection with the performance of any of its functions.
Paperback, 78 pp, March 2015, ISBN 9780731356362 To obtain a copy, please order from shop.nsw This study compares sentencing levels in NSW with those in other jurisdictions...