- Local Court of NSW Annual Conference This program aims to provide practical and stimulating judicial education for all NSW magistrates. This conference will also include an open forum encouraging discussion and interaction among colleagues.
- Land and Environment Court Field Trip to State Library of NSW There is much of architectural significance in the library and surrounds and this visit will include a tour of the Shakespeare Room, a private viewing of rare books (including a copy of the first folio edition of Shakespeare’s collected plays published 1623) and a tour of the buildings, including a short library history.
- District Court of NSW seminar: child sexual assault program in practice: In this seminar, Judge Traill and Judge Shead will present on the Child Sexual Assault Program and how it operates in the Sydney and Newcastle District Courts. They will explain the recent legislation, court procedures including call overs, ground rules hearings and the pre-recording of evidence. They will also explain the impact of a Witness Intermediary in the court process, what to expect in a pre-recorded CSA trial and the directions to give the jury. A witness intermediary will also explain their role from the police interviews to the pre-recording and the various tools they use and what recommendations they make.
- District Court of NSW Annual Conference This two-day program is tailored specifically to the educational needs of District Court judges. The conference will feature a range of topical presentations as well as Court of Appeal and criminal law updates.
- Supreme Court of NSW Annual Conference This two-day residential program is tailored to the educational needs of Supreme Court judges. The conference will include
sessions directly relevant to the work of the court.
- Cultural Diversity E-Learning Produced by the Judicial Commission of NSW, drawing on several resources, including the Family Court of Australia’s online cultural competency training course and the Judicial Commission’s Equality Before the Law Bench Book at https://efront.judcom.nsw.gov.au/efront/www/index.php