- Local Court of NSW Webinar – Aggregate Sentencing Workshop – This practical online workshop is tailored toward newer magistrates providing an introduction to aggregate sentencing in a small group setting. Magistrates are able to gain valuable learning experiences by completing tasks in this highly interactive session.
- Ngara Yura Program Seminar – Informed by the learnings of the Bugmy High Court case, the Bugmy Justice Reports aim to provide culturally and individually appropriate evidence and suggest available options that use a cultural strengths-based approach to the District and Supreme Courts of NSW.
- Local Court of NSW Webinar: Civil Webinar Series: Small Claims; Civil Fact Finding; Australian Consumer Law – The civil webinar series is designed to address key topics relating to the civil jurisdiction of the Local Court delivered via webinar in “bite-sized” pieces. This series offers a quick overview of common civil topics providing a refresher for those not regularly running civil cases or those newer to the jurisdiction. The second of the 2023 series will focus on civil fact finding. The third of the 2023 series will focus on Australian Consumer Law.
- Supreme Court of NSW Annual Conference – This two-day residential program is tailored to the educational needs of Supreme Court judges. The conference included sessions directly relevant to the work of the court covering topics such as climate change and the economy, updates in criminal law and developments in equity/commercial law.
- Local Court of NSW Magistrates’ Orientation Program – This five-day residential program assists new magistrates with their transition to judicial office, with a focus on fundamental judicial skills and knowledge about court craft, decision-making, sentencing, judicial administration and judicial conduct. The program provides participants with an opportunity to analyse and compare different judicial attitudes and approaches to judicial practice.
Home Judicial Education Upcoming education events 2023