Update 40 of the Sentencing Bench Book includes substantive amendments to the following chapters:
- Procedural fairness
- Obligations of parties
- Setting terms of imprisonment
- Court to take other matters into account (including pre-sentence custody)
- Sentencing Commonwealth offenders
- Particular offences – including Break and enter offences, Dangerous driving and navigation, Detain for advantage/kidnapping, Manslaughter and infanticide, Assault, wounding and related offences, Money laundering, Conspiracy
- Mental Health (Forensic Provisions) Act 1990.